Thursday, April 4, 2013

As if the darkness had a soul itself that was the sun’s assassin hurrying to the west as once men did believe, as they may believe again

The first time I picked up Love in the Time of Cholera, I thought to myself, "I don't want to read this." The same thing happened with Toni Morrison's Beloved; however, Love in the Time of Cholera appeared much more attractive the second time it fell into my hands, so I decided to revisit Beloved and ... I'm reading it now! Morrison's sentences are simple but hardcore/echoing/billowing (not sure if 2/3 of those adjectives apply, but that's literally how I feel when reading this book). So far, it's incredibly haunting and chilling... her writing is so concise (so I have to pay rapt attention at all times).

No comments:

Post a Comment